Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (CELTA)
The CELTA Is the original and most internationally recognised qualification for teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL). It is a basic requirement to teach in quality English language schools around the world.
What is the Cambridge CELTA?
The Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA) is the original and most internationally recognised qualification for teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL). It is a basic requirement to teach in quality English language schools, universities and to deliver training in multinational companies around the world.
Why take CELTA?
With the current economic situation it is becoming increasingly difficult to find employment. One of the only growing sectors is english language teaching.
- Open the door to exciting teaching opportunities all over the world
- Gain the skills and knowledge you will need as a teacher
- It is the only TEFL certificate that is accepted globally
Who is CELTA for?
- People starting a career in English language teaching
- Anyone currently teaching English without formal qualifications
- Anyone interested in teaching while they are travelling
- People looking for a career change or career break
- Experienced teachers who are interested in up-skilling and developing their teaching methodology further
- Experienced teachers working in CLIL or Bilingual projects looking for transferable techniques and ideas
- Business graduates interested in gaining teaching experience for training positions with companies
- Anyone looking for a career contingency plan in these uncertain times
What do I need to be able to do the CELTA?
- 1,530 euros course fees
- An open mind, flexibility and a desire to try new things
- The ability to dedicate yourself entirely to the CELTA process for a whole month
- Minimum age of 18 years old
- A standard of education suitable for entry into higher education
- English good enough to teach at a range of levels so…native, or near native at CEFR C1 or C2 or equivalent
You don’t need to be a native speaker to take the course however we don’t offer places to candidates whose level of English is not suitably proficient.
You also need to clear your diary of commitments for a month to give yourself the best possibility of development without external interference so we recommend that you make alternative arrangements for childcare and household duties and that you don’t embark on the CELTA if you are working on any other academic studies or are going through any life changing events.